Friday, May 6, 2016

White Ripple Community Band May 2nd, 2016

I thought I'd do a little something different this week with the songs. I'm going to send out the YouTube clips as usual to get the songs in your head, but this time I'm adding a couple of videos to demonstrate techniques talked about in class. (Pink fluffy bathrobe warning.)

First off, a quick video about guitar strings:
 
 



Song 1: Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's

Here's how you can transition from the G to the C chord:



And here's a quick video demonstrating that string pinchy-thing (that's the technical term) you hear on the Plain White T's recording:


Song 2: Fire by Bruce Springsteen. I'm not sure what I can say that won't get me teased mercilessly by the rest of the band, so here he is, in all his hunky breathy gorgeous glory:

Well, that's all for now-- if you need me I'll be in my bunk. Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment