Thursday, May 12, 2016

White Ripple Community Band May 9th, 2016

White Ripple Community Band will be playing this Saturday as part of the gallery's Second Saturday event on the 14th. Rick Therrio and Brabant Lenting have a new show, the artists will have their studios open to all comers, we'll be making a nice noise, and did I mention that Kathy Los Rathburn will have snacks? Good times. It's from 7-10 p.m. this Saturday.




Now, on to last Monday: We've been Plain White T's crazy! This week we went over Hey There Delilah for our warm-up, then on to our two songs for the evening:


Song 1: I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen. Not to be confused with Fire, the other Springsteen song we did a couple of weeks ago. I chose to go with a mashup of Bruce plus Johnny Cash's cover of the song because it has a punchier ending-- it's hard for a live band to fade out, after all...






Song 2: Margaritaville. ("Salt! Salt! Salt!") Do I even need to include a YouTube clip? I will anyway. It's my own damn fault.





No comments:

Post a Comment