Thursday, April 28, 2016

White Ripple Community Band April 25, 2016

Last Monday we gave Where Are You Going another go-round because it's complicated and worth doing and it sounds cool when we do it. That took up a lot of our time, but we managed to work on two new tunes...


Song 1: Rhythm of Love by The Plain White T's. I'm not used to any music that's ten years old or less (I stopped listening to new stuff after Nirvana) but darn this is catchy and Rich and Tom sing it great.





Song 2: I'll Be Around by The Spinners. I grew up listening to the music of my parent's generation so I feel a bit more at home here. Rich threw us a curveball tonight: the song is a measure of C and a measure of D, but the key of the song is actually in G.



Next weeks starts a new session of White Ripple Community Band. We are open to all voices, all instruments, and all experience levels, with beginners especially welcome! Playing music together is one of the things that makes life so sweet. See you Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment