Friday, February 12, 2016

White Ripple Community Band February 8th, 2016

Songs we covered in tonight's class--

Puff the Magic Dragon, written by Peter Yarrow and Leonard Lipton. I know I'm supposed to think of Puff's abandonment as no more than Jackie Paper growing up, but all I hear is a poor animal discarded once the kid has lost interest. Give Puff a friend at the end of the song for Pete's sake!

 
 
 
Next we did Love Train by The O'Jays so I didn't remain in despair for the rest of the night. Video of the Soul Train line always cheer me up, especially Damita Jo and Scooby-Doo around the 4:09 mark.
 
 
 
 
We'll be playing those two songs and many more at Saturday's Second Saturday event at White Ripple Gallery. There will be a wine tasting, surrealist art show, and you can have your Valentine's Day photos taken by Martin Navejas. If you've never been before, you're in for a treat! February 13th from 7-10 p.m., 6725 Kennedy Avenue, Hammond. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment